Last night, at Weight Watchers, we were challenged to look in the mirror and thank our bodies for what it does for us, instead of looking in the mirror and only seeing the negative. So, here I go:
- First of all, I am thankful that my body works. I do not need to be in a wheelchair or walk with a walker, etc. Thank you body for working.
- Thank you to my stomach and my intestines for cooperating together and causing my Crohn's Disease to be in remission for almost 2 years, med free. I truly appreciate this break from a horrible disease.
- Thank you to my eyes. I love making eye contact with people and making them feel important because I am focused on them. Thank you for all the beautiful things and people that I see everyday!
- Thank you to my mouth for always smiling and laughing and making other people smile and laugh. Thank you also for helping me encourage and help others by my kind words. Thanks for the ability to sing.
- Thank you to my hands for being strong, so I can lend a helping hand, help myself, workout, write letters and words of encouragement.
- Thank you to my legs for carrying me through the day! Thank you for helping me workout and for helping me dance and have fun with the kids I work with.
- Thank you feet for helping me walk and run races to raise awareness for causes close to my heart.
- Most importantly I want to thank my heart for pumping life throughout my whole body. I'm thankful that my heart is at the center of everything I do. It not only gives me life, it helps me love others, love my family, love God, and NOW love myself.